
On Saturday, our family went to the Draper Temple open house. It was beautiful! (Like any temple isn't?) I was a dork and forgot my camera, so sorry! The kids did get a little anxious, but I think they thought it was cool. Kyson loved all the lights and Jaycee talked about the sparklies. Anyway, we took our neighbors that live behind us who are Lutheran. They asked us lots of questions and said it wasn't anything that they thought it to be. They thought it would be more open like a Catholic Cathedral. They said they were glad they went, and I'm glad they did to. At least now they can pass on the knowledge that there are NO beds in our temple. Thanks FLDS! But, I did want to let all of you know that although they suggest tickets, you DO NOT have to have them. They will not turn you away, except on Sundays or after 4:30 on Monday nights. I would highly recommend going. It is a great opportunity to teach your friends and children about the LDS faith. I can't say enough about it. I was so happy to be standing in the sealing room telling my kids to look into the mirrors. It also helped that I had my hubby standing right there next to me. I felt the peace promised to those of us who follow the commandments and serve God.
For more info go to the website http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/draper/



3 comments:
Oh, I wish I was in Utah to go to the open house! That is so cool that you were able to take one of your neighbors! Thanks for sharing! :)
The temple open house is such a great missionary tool. Lorens boss heard about it and was suprised that anyone could go and started asking lots of questions about it. Loren was able to get him tickets for next weekend.
We also went and loved it. It was so beautiful and its a great opportunity to teach your kids as well.
Miss you guys! Lets have another dinner soon. We have nothing going on these days so lets plan one.
Maren
Our Temple just opened in August and it was so fun to take our kids through. Aspen kept asking when we were going to see Jesus! What a great opportunity to teach our children and non-member friends! Our area has had a huge number of new converts just because of the Temple open house!
Post a Comment